Saturday 3 August 2013

Bargain Bumper 1st August 2013.

For a good while now I've been looking for a replacement bumper for Dizzy, as hers was rotten to the core under the corner mouldings. Whilst there was no obvious sign of the tin worm, I still knew it had to be replaced. Trawling the small ads and ebay, I never really found anything for the right money. Then by chance saw someone selling an ES spec complete bumper on ebay. The guy had advertised his mobile number. I phoned and offered a tenner, but he said no. "I'll let the auction run, there's a few interested parties" ! . I won the auction at 99p !

I then set about removing all plastic trim, which is selling on fleabay as you read!

The bumper itself is not in bad condition. The pic shows my mad mate Lui cleaning up the surface rust with an angle grinder. A mate at work is then gonna get it shot blasted, and then lui is gonna weld some strengthening plates on the front and sides, to hid the aperture thats normally not seen under the corner moulding. Then a coat or two of paint and it should look the dogs b*llox !

Result !

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment