Tuesday 17 July 2012

Dizzy has a new MOT

Dizzy failed her MOT on Thursday of last week, leaving me up sh*t creek and without a paddle.

Thankfully family stepped in:

Eventually got my brother in law to help me (in Coventry) where it was retested, and then retested, with lots of work in between. It's strange how 2 MOT test stations can fail a vehicle 2 days apart for somewhat different reasons. The 2nd test (at BB Cars in Longford, Coventry) was much more thorough - leading to more work - but also more knowledgeable about 4x4's in general.
My brother in law works at Star Tyres in Coventry, and his boss gave us the use of the workshop et al for 2 whole days. We would never have coped without it. All jobs were duly completed and the car retested yesterday morning, when a new certificate was issued.
I cant thank everyone enough, but in case they're reading this, i'll try. It goes without saying that i thoroughly recommend both garages mentioned herein:
At Star Tyres in Bodmin Road, Coventry: George, Dave, Kev & Rik
All Staff at BB Motors, rear of 35 Dovedale Road, Coventry
All staff at Douglass Motors Ltd in Wolston, Warks, 02476542209 - for the A Bar ball joint - Bargain
Paul Papper - for convincing me to run Dizzy on Waste Veg Oil, I did nearly the whole round trip of approx 400 miles on 60 Litres of WVO, costing me just £5.00.

On top of all this, many thanks to family for helping me. Being unemployed, I would never have managed to finance this on my own.

God Bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment