Monday 3 March 2014

Is it just me, or has time actually sped up ? Mileage 169,517.

I cant fathom that its been 3 months since I last posted an update, but it really is ! Dizzy has run virtually trouble free for a few months, including a trip to Rugby for my mates dad's funeral. That same week - just a few day later in fact - and it went bang on my way to work. Losing drive just as you pull off a busy motorway is not a good idea. Thankfully a fellow road user; seeing my plight, stopped and towed me to safety. The RAC (bless em) got me home later in the day.
As I've been saying for a long time, I'm no mechanic. But, sitting in the car with engine running, in first gear, with diff lock on, together with the handbrake on, and not moving - even I knew it was drastic.
A couple of days later it was all diagnosed by Cliff, my good friend who lives nearby. The output shaft from the gearbox had sheared away the teeth on the end that link to the intermediate gear cog in the transfer box...... eBay here I come !

Managed to strike a good deal with a fellow enthusiast in Essex, for a secondhand Gearbox, Brand new clutch kit, and Brand New HD cluth fork, all for £60. This was followed by purchase of new Intermediate Gear and Timken OEM bearing from Island 4x4 in Maidstone. These parts were ordered at 3.30pm and arrived the next morning. Top work Sam .Next on the shopping list was new fluids - ATF & EP90, which I purchased from Aghabridge , speak to Ollie .
Having assembled all the parts, I just had to coerce Cliff into fitting everything.  The recent chain of events sadly preventing me from even lifting a spanner. I'm once again eternally grateful to all involved in helping me keep Dizzy on the road.
With all this going on, I still found time to meet Jerry & Sue. Jerry is competing in the Mac challenge this week. I wish him luck. It's gonna be a tuff few days.
Thats all for now, I'm looking forward to driving Dizzy again real soon.
Take care all.
TTFN

1 comment:

  1. Where do i get best car parts for my Land rover discovery.

    ReplyDelete